Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wisdom

Proverbs 2:11 (NLT)
11 Wise choices will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.

Solomon writes on the virtues of wisdom and in this verse points out wisdom will watch over and preserve those who seek it. Wisdom keeps us from the paths of sin that lead to ruin. God is the originator and provider of wisdom and wisdom should be used to guide our life and arm us against the temptations of the world.

In the Autobiography of George Muller the following quote is given on wisdom. “I need not despair because the living God is my partner. I do not have sufficient wisdom to meet these difficulties, but He is able to direct me. I can pour out my heart to God and ask Him to guide and direct me and to supply me with wisdom. Then I have to believe that He will do so. I can go with good courage to my business and expect help from Him in the next difficulty that may come before me.” On the show Who Wants to be a Millionaire the host of the show will ask the contestant, “Is that your final answer?” It is the contestants last opportunity to get the answer right before making a commitment to it. They have an opportunity to ask a friend for the answer, to ask the audience or narrow the choices down. When we face temptation in life God has given us the wisdom to stop and ponder what we are about to do. If we are uncertain we can ask God, we can ask wise friends, or ask those who are wise in the church for guidance. We have the wisdom to face sin and make the right choices if only we make that choice. Pray for God’s wisdom and put it to use in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment