Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Annoyed, but loved

Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT)
18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Writing to the Ephesians the apostle hopes they will come to understand the depths of God’s and Christ’s love for them. He goes further to say while he hopes they can understand this love it is actually too great to fully understand and appreciate.


The other day I was annoyed with something. The sad part is I can’t even remember what it was about. It bothers me I can’t remember, because it just shows me how we get upset with something that is just not important - otherwise I would remember, right?

Anyway some of my venting ended up being directed towards my wife. And while I don’t remember what I was annoyed with, I do remember her response. She just looked at me and said, “I love you.” Of course I believe I responded with the famous, “Yeah, but……..” to which she just looked at me and said again, “I love you.” You know what? You can’t stay annoyed too long when someone keeps looking at you and telling you they love you. It didn’t take long for me to get over whatever I was annoyed with. I just smiled, went back to being my normal self and said, “I love you too.”

We vent an awful lot towards God. You can look all through the Bible and see people expressing their frustrations towards God. And what is God’s response, “I love you.” God keeps reminding us that He loves us no matter what we may throw towards Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment