Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Am I following sin or am I following righteousness.

Proverbs 13:21 (NLT)


21 Trouble chases sinners, while blessings reward the righteous.

King Solomon states two truths. 1) The person who engages in sin will be chased by trouble. It is like an enemy that pursues its prey waiting for the opportune time to strike. 2) Those that follow the path of righteousness will be rewarded with blessings, which consist of happiness, gladness, kindness, rightfulness, excellence and riches of life. Living a righteous life doesn’t mean one will not face trouble, but that in the face of trouble they will be able to count their blessings and face the adversity.



The Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:34 said “Think carefully about what is right, and stop sinning.” We should evaluate every step we take in life to ensure we are not following sin, but instead following the desires of God. When we follow sin trouble will eventually find us. I have talked with people who have said, “I just wish I had stopped what I was doing because I lost everything over my sinful desires.” So stop, think and ask – Am I following sin or am I following righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment