Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Give praise

Psalm 8:3-4 (NLT)

3 When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers--the moon and the stars you have set in place--4 what are mortals that you should think of us, mere humans that you should care for us?

Psalm 8 dwells on the glory of God and His greatness. It acknowledges God’s creation of the universe and gives thanks that He allows us to watch over that which He has created.



When I was a young child my grandfather would wrap me up in a blanket on a cold night and take me out on the back porch to point out the constellations. It is a comfortable memory I still cherish. I loved looking at the heavens, observing the twinkling stars, and listening to my grandfather talk about the different ones. It’s been many years but I still look at the sky when the stars are out and think of those wonderful evenings just being there with my grandfather, sitting, looking and listening.

It is comforting to think God loves us so much that He gave us His creation to watch over, enjoy, and to use. God has blessed us with many things we often take for granted. Stop a moment today and give God thanks for the little things in your life. Praise God for the blessings and the good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment