Friday, December 21, 2012

Let Jesus Shine Through the Church

Revelation 1:9-11 (NIV)
9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

The Lord used John, a disciple of Jesus, to send some important messages to the churches that existed in various cities. These messages were important for they told the churches what they were doing right and most importantly what they were doing wrong. Jesus wanted to keep these churches on solid ground for they would be the light shining to the world illuminate the purpose of why Jesus died.
 

This morning The Pope sent this message to the world through Twitter, “At the end of the year, we pray that the Church, despite her shortcomings, may be increasingly recognizable as Christ’s dwelling place.” The Pope in his message acknowledged The Church is not perfect -- for it is filled with imperfect people. But the church does represent one who was and is perfect -- that is Jesus Christ. No other man lived a perfect life as Jesus did. It was because of His love for The Church that He freely gave His life so that all who believe in Him and repents from their sin will live an eternal life with Him in heaven. This is the church Jesus created and it is this church that shows others how they can also know Jesus and also experience the wonderful gift Jesus has for them.

Christmas is one of the times we remember Jesus because of His birth. Let us all ensure we give credit to our savior by giving Him the honor he is due. Some may say Happy Holidays, but I say to them Merry Christmas. I want them to know I am celebrating the birth of my savior who I love dearly because He gave his life for me.

There are many who will stand before God one day and God may ask this simple question, “Why should I let you into my Kingdom of Heaven?” Are you prepared for that question? I pray you know this – Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. Jesus Christ freely died on a Roman Cross as a sacrifice for sin. Jesus rose back to life defeating death and took His rightful place as King of all kings in heaven and here on earth. For those who truly believe in Jesus and are willing to repent of their sin and acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior -- Jesus will be your advocate. For Jesus is the propitiation of sin who speaks up on our behalf and says, “This child is one of mine. They are an adopted brother or sister into the kingdom of heaven; therefore they belong here with us.” Knowing Jesus is taking up for you the answer should be obvious, “It is because of Jesus I am here and because of Jesus I can ask to enter heaven.”
Heavenly Father there are so many who do not understand or know your love, grace and mercy. Father you want to free people from sin and give them new and exciting lives. I pray Father these people would turn their lives over to you. I know it scary giving up control to another, but you Lord are perfect in every way and watch out after us as one of your children. Father let everyone experience your mercy, grace and love. Let them know the true Jesus and let them experience His grace mercy and love. Amen


 

Note this time of year I take off from writing to reflect on the Lord and enjoy time with my family. God bless each of you. Have a safe and Merry Christmas and I will resume writing after the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment