Thursday, March 27, 2014

Remembering God

Psalm 62:7 (NKJV)
7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.

[In God is my salvation and my glory. Where our salvation is there our glory is; for what is our salvation but the glory to be revealed, the eternal weight of glory? And there our glorying must be. In God let us boast all the day long. "The rock of my strength (that is, my strong rock, on which I build my hopes and stay myself) and my refuge, to which I flee for shelter when I am pursued, is in God, and in him only. I have no other to flee to, no other to trust to; the more I think of it the better satisfied I am in the choice I have made.' Thus does he delight himself in the Lord, and then ride upon the high places of the earth, Isa. 58:14. [Matthew Henry Commentary]]



When you have lost the meaning to your life, focus on the words written by King David.

God is my salvation -
David knew he was a man filled with sin. He knew those sins had the power to destroy him. However, David also knew God was the hope of his salvation. God was the one who would redeem David and restore him to a new state of being.

God is my glory -
The Apostle Peter wrote, “I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed.” Peter understood that in that following Christ he would also be a benefactor to Christ’s glory. Not only would Christ be glorified, but the God’s children would also be glorified.

God is the rock of my strength –
A rock bed was considered a solid foundation to place any building upon. It could even have been a cave that provided safety from the elements.  Rocks were also use to build the walls of fortified cities for they offered defense from those who would attack. For David God was the rock of his strength for David knew he could rely upon God for safety and defense of anything that came at him.

God my refuge –
David knew God was always the safe place to turn for help. God was his refuge. In God David found peace.




Take time to think of what God is to you and give Him praise for all that He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment