Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Precious in His sight

Psalm 139:13-14 (NKJV)
13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.

God made us, and therefore no doubt he knows us; he saw us when we were in the forming, and can we be hidden from him now that we are formed?  ~Matthew Henry



R. C. Sproul shares the story of a college student he once taught who had cerebral palsy. You know what that looks like—spastic movements and garbled speech. But as is often the case, this student was very bright and capable. Sproul writes:

One day he came to me vexed with a problem and asked me to pray for him. In the course of the prayer, I said something routine, with words like, "Oh, God, please help this man as he wrestles with this problem." When I opened my eyes, the student was quietly weeping.

I asked him what was wrong and he stammered his reply, "You called me a man. No one has ever called me a man before."  [Lee Eclov, in the sermon "The Blessed Limp]


There are people who live with afflictions, pain, suffering and torment. They may never have been given a chance to see who they really are, although God knows them well. In the quiet moment of a prayer this teacher finds words from God that opened a door to a blessing for this young man. For in his life battle no one had called him a man, but God placed someone in his life that called him what he truly was.


Dear men and dear women we are children of God and He finds us very precious in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment