Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Nothing can separate us

Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In these verses the apostle tells us the things that might try and separate us from the love of God and then concludes it cannot be done. There is nothing that can separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus.



Leeza Gibbon’s mother, Gloria Jean Gibbons passed away in May of 2008 at the age of 72. Gloria Jean, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1999 -- after witnessing her own mother's long struggle with the disease. Knowing only too well what lay ahead for her, Gloria Jean Dyson Gibbons gathered her family to give them instructions for coping as her disease progressed. She urged her daughter to "tell this story and make it count."

Alzheimer’s is a terrible disease because it slowly empties a person of who they were. Slowly over time their body becomes empty of the memories they once had. Leeza once said, I remember being home in my mother's house in South Carolina, helping her make the bed, and she was watching my every movement closely and trying to mirror what I was doing. Then she stopped and looked at me, and I said, "What's the matter, Mom?"

She said, "You're a very nice lady. How do I know you?" And I just smiled and said, "You know me because today I'm your daughter, yesterday I was your daughter, and I'll always be your daughter." And she said, "Oh."



There are times we forget how much God cares for us. Yet through the struggles, God constantly reminds us that today He is our God, yesterday He was our God and He will always be our God. No power can separate us from the love of God.





[abstracts from https://www.caring.com/interviews/interview-with-leeza-gibbons-about-her-mom-s-alzheimer-s]

No comments:

Post a Comment