Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The silent and still prayer

Exodus 14:14 (NIV)
14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

The Israelites were leaving their Egyptian captors. They had reached the sea and could see their captors coming for them. Their worries were now magnified and they could only think of the work ahead of them. But Moses reminded them they would only need to be still as The Lord fought for them.




God
Grant me to be
silent before you--
that I may hear you;
at rest in you--
that you may work in me;
open to you--
that you may enter;
empty before you--
that you may fill me.
Let me be still
And know you are my God.

Amen.

[Sir Paul Reeves in a prayer at the WCC Seventh Assembly in Canberra, Australia. Christianity Today, Vol. 35, no. 11.}



Let us be still and allow God to work in our lives. Let this prayer be one that we incorporate into ours so that we may be at peace with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment