Friday, April 15, 2016

Leaders

Romans 13:6-7 (NIV)
6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

These verses remind us that those who serve us, such as politicians, police, soldiers and other government officials are God’s servants. They are organizing and protecting a society and therefore they should be given respect and honor.




David Slagle, of Lawrenceville, Georgia wrote, my 21-month-old, who had just learned to say, "Daddy," had been struggling with asthma and an ear infection for two weeks. He coughed and sneezed continually, and his nose ran like a faucet. Each night when I came home, he ran to meet me at the door, smiling, coughing, nose running, yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!"

I was not repulsed by his runny nose or close range sneezes in the least (he "slimed" every shirt I own!). I love him deeply and enjoy his love for me.

I'm reminded that though I am sick with sin, God loves me deeply and desires that I run to him as a son crying, "Abba, Father."    


We need to remember God loves us and provides for us. God put the nations in place. You can read through the books of Kings in The Bible and see how God put the rulers in place. Some rulers were good and obeyed God and treated the people well. Other rulers were desired by the people and God in His love allowed them to have what they chose. But so often those rulers were evil and it wasn’t long before they were begging God to put in a ruler that had the nation at interest and followed God.


Remember if we allow it, God is in control. God will give us the right leaders that we should honor and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment