Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A dream for nations

Proverbs 23:24 (NIV)
24 The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.

Children will be a joy to their parents if they be righteous and wise. Righteousness is true wisdom; those who do good so well for themselves. [Matthew Henry]



Last night I was listening to the news as they were summarizing the shooting that took place in Orlando, Florida. Some experts gave their opinions that second generation immigrants, in particular, Muslims, had a hard time assimilating into the US culture. The reason given is that they were caught between two worlds, a country that didn’t fully accept them, and a culture and religion of their parents.

I would dare say most parents want their children to grow up and have prosperous and meaningful life. Parents want to see their children develop into a healthy and well balanced person. I think it is a shame when they fell they cannot be a part of the culture they have arrived into and fall back to a culture that does not have the same principles and values as the country they live in.

I pray that parents can help their children be righteous and wise. I pray these children can bring joy to their parents for many years. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have a child give away their life before the life of their parents have passed.


Righteousness is true wisdom. I pray all people will do well for themselves so they can be found righteous in the sight of God. God bless those who assimilate into other cultures so they may learn the ways of the country they have entered. I pray all people will be accepting of each other. I pray the words of Martin Luther King Jr. finds its way into the hearts of people - “I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls.” May God make that dream come true for all nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment