Thursday, September 8, 2016

Holy Spirit lead us

Psalm 143:10 (NIV)

10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Oh, the ease at which we walk on level ground. The psalmist asks for easy leading from the Holy Spirit to learn the will of God.



You might not know the name Angelo Dundee, but you've undoubtedly heard of Muhammad Ali, probably the most famous professional boxer of all time. For more than two decades, Angelo Dundee was in Muhammad Ali's corner, literally. He was Ali's cornerman! He's the one who made Ali float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. He also trained fifteen other world boxing champions. Angelo Dundee described his job as a cornerman this way: "When you're working with a fighter, you're a surgeon, an engineer, and a psychologist."

As followers of Jesus Christ, we have something even better than a surgeon-engineer-psychologist in our corner—the Holy Spirit.  [Mark Batterson, If (Baker Books, 2015), page 249]


Holy Spirit break us
 Come and overtake us
 You're the one we're living for
 Holy Spirit lead us
 To the heart of Jesus
 There is nothing we want more

 Teach us how to live beyond ourselves
 Let everything we say and do
 Bring glory to Your name and bless Your heart
 God Show us how to love like You

 Strip away my pride and selfishness
 Take me back to my first love
 Falling on my knees, now I confess

 You will always be enough

No comments:

Post a Comment