Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Glory of God

Psalm 19:1-2 New International Version (NIV)
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.

Everything that is of this world was and is created by the hands of God. God placed marvelous things before us that declare his glory. In the skies we see the stars, the moon and the planets. on special occasions we see meteors falling and burning in the sky. God’s glory pours out during the day and again at night. May we stop and acknowledge God for all His glory!




Sue Monk Kidd wrote in Today's Christian Woman an article, "Heart to Heart." One August night, my children dragged me to the backyard to watch a meteor shower. I reluctantly joined them thinking, I have so many details to tend to before we leave on vacation. I don't have time for idleness. Suddenly, golden fire balls streaked across the blackness. "God made this," I whispered. It was a rare moment. Not because of the sight, but because I stepped beyond my familiar world into one of wonder and discovered the Creator in the midst. Could it be God filled the world with such beauty to lift people like me away from our obsession with details--to touch our lives with a magnificent awareness of himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment