Thursday, December 1, 2011

At home with the Lord

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (NLT)
6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

The Apostle Paul tells the Corinthians there is a home waiting for us with the Lord once we leave our earthly bodies. We live for now in a body that will one day die and we have a purpose for our life given to us by God. But we long to be with the Lord and we can be confident that one day we will be with Him.

This morning I am both sad and comforted. A young man who was a friend of my son died last night from brain cancer. I am sad because death came early to this young man. This morning I have been reminded of the Bible verse that said, “Jesus wept” for I am weeping over the loss of a young man whose life has been cut short. I am comforted that I know he is no longer in pain and that he no longer has to suffer. I also find comfort in knowing that this young man went to be home with the Lord. I know he had faith in Jesus Christ and now he is resting comfortably with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment