Friday, September 21, 2012

Reborn

2 Corinthians 13:14 (NIV)
“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

The apostle concludes the epistle by acknowledging the trinity of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The apostle asks that their grace may be upon them with the Holy Spirit acknowledging the salvation of Jesus Christ.

 

Today is my 56th birthday. Considering the accidents, illnesses and other things that have taken place in my life I feel blessed to be alive. While a birthday marks a blessing of another year of life -- there is a greater blessing I am thankful for. In John 3:3-5, “Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.”

I know my mother is glad I didn’t enter the womb a second time; I weighted over 10 pounds when I was born. But I know my mother was happy when I accepted Jesus Christ at the age of 7 to be my Lord and Savior  and was reborn to an eternal life with Jesus. Today might be my earthly birth, but I have also had a spiritual rebirth allowing me to look forward to all the glory of the Kingdom of God!

If you have asked Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior I know one day I will be with you in heaven rejoicing. For now I am blessed to love the Lord with all my sisters and brothers in Christ here on earth!

If you don’t know Jesus Christ, know this – Jesus is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross for our sin and rose to life three days later that we too may be born again to an eternal life. It’s easy to ask Jesus to be your savior. Let Him know you have sinned in your life and you desire to repent and move away from sin. Tell Him you trust Him as your Lord and Savior and you give your life to Him. It’s that simple; that easy. God bless you and Happy Birthday to all those who have been reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment