Monday, June 17, 2013

Faults forgiven



Proverbs 17:9 (NLT)
9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

The best way to keep peace among all is to not tell others what a person has said when they did not through their words. If their actions cause no harm to others and no issues of safety  are present then consider an act of amnesty by keeping quiet that which has been said. Allow the fault to be forgiven. For to dwell on the words only increases our own frustrations and anger and before we know it we are repeating things that should have remained unsaid.



It is impossible to keep peace between man and woman in family life if they do not condone and overlook each other's faults but watch everything to the smallest point. For who does not at times offend? [Martin Luther. "Martin Luther--The Later Years and Legacy," Christian History, Issue 39.]


Each day I walk through life my sinful nature eventually wants to reach up and take control. My weak and faulty self makes me relate to the words of the Apostle Paul: “For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do” (Rom. 7:19). In marriage we make a vow before God to love honor and cherish and that includes forgiving the faults of our spouse. For that reason, we do not want to allow our flesh to get the upper hand to diminish the gift God has given, but in order to keep it, we must practice humbleness, patience, kindness, forbearance, and forgiveness (Col. 3:13, Eph 4:2). We must allow love to prosper so that we remain close.

No comments:

Post a Comment