Monday, December 9, 2013

Present with The Lord

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (NKJV)
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

This is a reminder from the apostle that while we remain in our human bodies we walk with faith knowing the Lord is near us though we cannot see. We do God’s will here on earth knowing there is hope waiting for us. When we die and receive our eternal, heavenly bodies then we will be able to see The Lord and worship Him with praise.




Tomorrow I plan to have coffee with a good friend from high school/pharmacist at the hospital.  We were close in high school, but became even closer from seeing each other at the hospital so often.  At night, I will be having dinner with some of my great girlfriends.  We’ll be making dinner, watching movies, and probably giggling of some sort.  I am so thankful for laughter nowadays.  Laughter really is an important kind of medicine.   I cannot wait to be with my family this week!!  We all have a lot to be thankful for this year… I cannot wait to thank God for his praises with my family.  :-)

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.  I love all of you so much and I’m thankful for you to the moon and back!

1 Thessalonians 5:18  <>< Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Just keep swimmin’ friends,

Michelle


The above was the closing of Michelle’s blog on November 23rd, 2013. The 28-year-old teacher was voted teacher of the year at her school in February. She was diagnosed with uterine sarcoma cancer in June. She fought the battle against cancer until she passed away on December 6, 2013 surrounded by her loving family.

She was an encourager to many. She was loved by many. She loved to laugh. She always showed concern for others because she felt she they were too concerned about her. She loved The Lord and I am confident now that she is absent from her body that she is with The Lord in heaven. Michelle will be missed by many.

We never know when death may occur, but we can know Jesus Christ so when we are absent from this human body we will be able to see Jesus face to face with our eternal heavenly bodies. Michelle said above she could not wait to thank God for his praises and I am sure she is doing that very thing.


Please keep the family in your prayers as they deal with the loss of this beautiful young woman.

1 comment: