Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Lord is the only true God

Jeremiah 10:10 (NLT)
10 But the Lord is the only true God. He is the living God and the everlasting King.

But the Lord is the true God, the God of truth; he is God in truth. God Jehovah is truth; he is not a counterfeit and pretender, as they are, but is really what he has revealed himself to be; he is one we may depend upon, in whom and by whom we cannot be deceived. [Matthew Henry’s Commentary]



The world we live in often deceives, but The Lord will never deceive us. In the Matthew West song, HELLO MY NAME IS, regret and defeat are given a persona of one who would deceive us. God tells us we are forgiven, but regret will not let us forget our wrongful actions of the past. The Lord tells us we are victorious, but defeat calls out that we will just be dragged down again. Here are some of the lyrics to HELLO MY NAME IS by Matthew West:

Hello, my name is regret
I’m pretty sure we have met
Every single day of your life
I’m the whisper inside
That won’t let you forget

Hello, my name is defeat
I know you recognize me
Just when you think you can win
I’ll drag you right back down again
‘Til you’ve lost all belief

Oh, these are the voices. Oh, these are the lies
And I have believed them for the very last time

Hello, my name is child of the one true King
I’ve been saved, I’ve been changed, I have been set free
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing
Hello, my name is child of the one true King



In the chorus we are reminded we are children of The Lord. The Lord has extended His grace towards us and provides salvation that we may be set free from the traps of sin. Don’t let the things of this world become your god, but do as the apostle said in Hebrews 3:13, “You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment