Monday, July 6, 2015

Frail Life

Job 14:1 (NLT)
1 How frail is humanity! How short is life, how full of trouble!

Human life is frail. A person here today can be absent tomorrow. We want to accomplish so many things in life, but alas, life is short. Even the time we have been given can be full of woes and troubles, leaving us little time to achieve all the things we long to do.



There is no accident that I have been away from writing for a short while. Members of my family needed me and I took the time to be with them. While I have 24 hours in a day just like everyone else, sometimes you have to prioritize your life in such a way that you can give time to God, time to your family and friends, and even time to those with whom you work. So there are occasions out of our short life that we must stop and help as needed. If we are having routine talks with God He would remind us that even He rested on the 7th day to review the work He had completed; so maybe we need to rest and review what is in front of us.

I have seen frailty in life as family members and friends have passed away. Some had their lives cut way too short in life. Some were in accidents that caused them much pain and suffering. Some could not face the troubles of life and went in their own time.

Yes life is short, so use it wisely. Use it to serve God, your family, your friends, and those you work with.

Last week I was helping my wife. Her mother’s health has slowly been declining. My wife has taken the time to care for her parents and I have helped fill in places and done things she might have normally done. But there comes a time when we are called to take a break and fully help our family and last week was it for me. For I’m not sure how much longer my mother-in-law has, only God knows. I do know it is shorter today than it was yesterday.


In the near future I may steal away some more days for family, but even when I do, I will lift up my family and my friends to God who is always near. I will remember their troubles and ask God to comfort them.

No comments:

Post a Comment