Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A work in progress

Philippians 1:6 New Living Translation (NLT)
6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Sometimes we see nothing but a mess in our lives, but God sees something different. He sees a work in progress waiting to be completed.





Kellie Kutkey from Vancouver, WA writes in Today's Christian Woman, an article."Heart to Heart." We live in a small house, so even little messes seem big. Recently, I looked at my sewing projects and thought, If my child left this mess, I'd be mad. Then I realized I wasn't angry at myself because, in my eyes, I could see the finished product--to me it wasn't a mess at all! I'm thankful God looks at me the same way. He sees in me the righteousness of Jesus--and I can be confident that "He who began a good work in [me] will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment