Thursday, July 5, 2018

Praise His name

Isaiah 12:4 New Living Translation (NLT)
4 In that wonderful day you will sing:
    “Thank the Lord! Praise his name!
Tell the nations what he has done.
    Let them know how mighty he is!

The prophet Isaiah reminds Israel that there would come a time where the people would remember to praise and thank God for the things that had been done. It would be a time of true worship, praising His mighty name.



The praise chorus "We Exalt Thee" took on a whole new meaning when I heard my three-year-old daughter singing her version: "We exhaust thee. We exhaust thee, O Lord."

[Tammy Lindsey, Utica, New York. Christian Reader, "Kids of the Kingdom."]


It’s true, we probably often exhaust God in the things we do and say. But our purpose is to fellowship with God and praise His name. Hence, the words of the song actually go as follows:

I love you Lord
And I lift my voice
To worship You
Oh, my soul rejoice
Take joy my King
In what You hear
And let it be a sweet sweet
Sound in Your ear

We exalt Thee
We exalt Thee
We exalt Thee

Oh, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment