Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Give God the glory

Psalm 95:6-11 (NLT)
6 Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, 7 for he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care. If only you would listen to his voice today! 8 The Lord says, “Don’t harden your hearts as Israel did at Meribah, as they did at Massah in the wilderness. 9 For there your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even though they saw everything I did. 10 For forty years I was angry with them, and I said,‘They are a people whose hearts turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.’ 11 So in my anger I took an oath: ‘They will never enter my place of rest.’”

This psalm was a reminder to give praise to the Lord. It is also a reminder to the people God had been with Israel through their trials after departing Egypt. Even though God took care of them and met their needs the people still turned from God. So God said for hardening their hearts and turning away from Him they would not enter the Promised Land.

This psalm is a good reminder for us. We can cry out to God to meet our needs, but if we are not humbling ourselves before God the blessings will stop. Why should God continue to hand us what we ask for when we don’t acknowledge where we received it from? Why should God continue to poor blessings out when we are not thankful for the ones we received? Take time to give God praise and thank Him for what you have. Consider His blessings and be thankful for each and everyone one. By doing so we demonstrate our dependence on God and we give Him the glory He deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment