Tuesday, August 14, 2012

God knows and God cares

Psalm 139:1-6 (NLT)

1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 2 You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. 3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. 4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. 5 You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!

In this Psalm King David asserts God is everywhere and knows everything. As our creator God knows and understands our most reserved thoughts. David goes on to say God’s knowledge is too great and wonderful for him to understand. God is truly omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.

 

Natalie Grant sings a beautiful song called “The Real Me” that asks the question in the following way:

   Foolish heart looks like we're here again
   Same old game of plastic smile
   Don't let anybody in
   Hiding my heartache, will this glass house break
   How much will they take before I'm empty
   Do I let it show, does anybody know?

Let me encourage you, if you are asking these questions:

-Does anybody know the heartaches I feel?
-Does anybody understand the pain I bear?
-Does anybody understand the difficulties I face?
-Does anybody understand the mask of frailty I hide behind?

Let me assure you there is an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent God who understands. Yes, God does understand and is concerned about every problem you face and His desire is to love you through each of those issues. God is present with you every moment, knows the real you, and is just waiting for you to loosen your grasp on your fears and take His hand and trust Him. Let me encourage you today along with Natalie’s beautiful song to turn to God and ask for His help however great or small the problem might be. Let God love you through the process without hiding behind a mask. For God sees you as a beautiful and precious child of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment